Thursday, February 13, 2014

TDR Detour Ahead

Stagecoach 400 (TDR Prep)


For 2010 TDR prep I did a couple of practice multi-days at various intensity levels.  This year I have the chance to race the Stagecoach 400 and even though I am not fully prepared training wise for such an event--- I am going to jump at the opportunity!

March 14th, 2014
9am start at Cafe Aroma, Idyllwild CA
400ish miles
Absolutely, positively, (delightfully?) NO support.
Ends in Idyllwild, CA @
The Hub Cyclery
SPOT satellite tracker use is mandatory.
GPS navigation assistance is strongly recommended.
Time Limit for the Stagecoach 400 is 5 days.

I will be winging this one just a bit but am looking forward to getting in some multi-day miles under pressure to “race” and also finish before my days off run out.  So far there are 32 racers signed up.  Should be great fun as well as a good re-introduction to going long on the bike. 
 
Will post up the 2014 Trackleader/SPOT info when it becomes available.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment