Monday, September 29, 2014

Last big ride before snow & rain


Tidied up some Friday type work stuff and then rode away at 5pm, pushed hard till 11:30pm.  Set the alarm for 4:30 in anticipation of a TDR type day/effort. Rode steady all of 2nd day and camped up at 10:30. Slept in till dawn and rolled home around 9am

 
So--my last big ride of the year went something like this:
Warm to cool to cold.   Sun and blue blue sky to mountains against fading silver horizons to a sliver of moon and black all-around with bright stars.  Elk bugling in the distant dark.  Sunrise creeping up on me along a remote, lonely dirt road. 

Colorful balloons breaking free in the crisp morning air.
 
Strangers at resupply points telling me what a perfect day for a ride, wishing they were out with me.  Huge flock of wild turkeys scampering out of my path. 
 
 
Softly who hooting owls and shiny scary eyes in the dark sharing my camp.
 

  Frosty breath, crunchy yellow leaves and crackling ice in some puddles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment